Lukenya Getaway is appropriately named as the perfect getaway from the hustles and bustles of day to day city life. Located at the foot of Lukenya hills with large grounds nestled in the rich, cultured Athi plains region, it is a place created to provide an environment for intellectual work, rest and recreation for Non-Governmental Organizations, corporates, vacationers, campers, families and other groups.
I ahve stayed there for five time and one consistent thing is the courtesy and professionalism of the staff. They are all eager to assist and even before an issue is raised. The Resort doesn’t serve alcoholics, I understand because of Christian background of its ownership which makes the place even quieter and calm. The WIFI is stable, outdoor swimming pool just as good and for nature lovers, there are nature walks and jogging activities organised in the mornings and evenings.
I think I’ve stayed at Lukenya more than 6 times. Every time I go I know I’ll be back. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and the food is delicious. Here are a few things you should know:
1. They have mosquito nets, so you don’t need to bring one.
2. They have a pool with a kids pool attached, so bring your swimsuit and towel. Also, you are close to the equator so bring sunscreen.
3. They have free WiFi. We could get it in our room, near the pool or in the reception area.
4. Bring a flashlight as it gets very dark.
5. Bring a convertor for the outlets (for US travelers).
6. They use purified water to clean their vegetables and have clean food handling practices.
Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
Had an excellent stay over Christmas. Neat rooms, funfilled environment, terrific environment, responsive staff, affordable prices and great meals. The games and other forms of entertainment were icing on the cake.Perfect place for families and non-alcohol drinkers.
Stayed December 2015, traveled with family